- Characters within a single account (Alt-ok) may have different professions.
- There are profession-specific quests.
- It is possible to master multiple professions (but not all) within this mastered artisan class.
- Fejlődés within artisan classes does not relate to a player's progression in their adventuring class.
- Choice of profession does not affect a player's stats.
Crafting and gathering is a very important component of the economy that players will have direct control over. Whether you wish to build a sprawling plantation around your house, or wish to travel the vast wilderness in search of treasure and resources.
- Gatherable resources are discovered by trial-and-error and by learning their visuals.
- Gathering requires the creation and use of tools.
- Gathering within a node's A befolyási övezet (ZOI) will contribute to its experience growth.
- Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting.
Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting. So for example you know if I'm gathering... leaves of the blue petal flower to craft a pigment that's going to be used in the development of a tunic that I can wear at level one, then I may need to collect those in order to craft the pigments to craft a greater pigment that might be present in the in the crafting of a higher level item. So it's going to be kind of a tiered progression so that materials have relevancy throughout the different levels of of crafting; and that's important from an economic stability standpoint. You need to have layered demand from a supply standpoint so that players who are interested in collecting and gathering those materials still are relevant when the later level items are crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
- Tier 1 tools for Mining, Herbalism, Lumberjacking, and Fishing are available for purchase from the starting area.
- Merchants at nodes can supply higher level gathering tools dependent on its node stage.
- Tool costs:
- Tier 1 tools cost 10 gold.
- Tier 2 tools cost 100 gold.
- Tier 3 tools cost 500 gold.
- Tier 4 tools cost 2000 gold.
- Processing involves the refining of raw materials obtained from gathering and item deconstruction.
- The bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch. The processing time varies based on the quality of the processed goods.
- Blueprints are required for the construction of the feehold buildings that are used to process resources.
That's going to be very important as you get to very late game processed materials that are required. Because some of these things might have days to process within a station, but if you have spent the time and done the work to advance that processing station you could cut that down considerably, perhaps even greater than 50 percent; and that's going to have a significant impact on your ability to either control markets or to create goods. – Steven Sharif
- Animal husbandry.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Player-owned Taverns on freehold plots.
- Crafting requires the acquisition of recipes in order to craft items.
- Crafting stations are located on freeholds or within nodes.
- There will be gear that boosts artisans in gathering or crafting stronger items.
- Crafting times may vary between professions but the bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch.
There is no labor or energy system in Ashes. However, that's not to say that crafting will not be difficult. Crafting is very difficult; but it is because it is difficult that it will be very rewarding as well. – Steven Sharif
- Armor smithing
- Jewel crafting
- Ship building
- Siege weapons
- Weapon smithing
- Recipes that are obtained must be committed to a player's recipe book prior to that recipe being able to be used for crafting. This "consumes" the recipe.
- Recipes can be traded or sold prior to them being committed into a player's recipe book.
- Within a crafting recipe, there are dials (based on artisan specialization) that are used customize crafted items, such as:
- Crafting does not have mixing and matching (of arbitrary materials) in the manner of animal husbandry.
I think Star Wars Galaxies had a great crafting system... The resource gathering and the crafting system altogether as a whole really was I think way beyond its time. That's kind of the direction we want to go, where there's choices to be made in the crafting system and those choices change what you end up with... It's not just about doing X recipe to get Y item. You know, there's actually thought involved in it and there is you know a market to be captured based on those decisions. – Jeffrey Bard
Karakterenként választani kell egy ágat a szakmai képességfából. A három szakmai főágon belül (Gyűjtögetés, Feldolgozás és Barkácsolás) különböző mesterségek vannak. Egy karakter csupán egyetlen szakmai főág mestere lehet.
A gyüjtögetés egy szakmai főág, mint a feldolgozás és a barkácsolás. A három főágon belül mind mesterségek találhatóak. Csupán egy ág mestere lehetsz. Azon az ágon belül viszont több mesterséget elsajátíthatsz. – Steven Sharif
A barkácsolás -úgy mint a gyűjtögetés vagy a feldolgozás- mesterévé válni jelentős idő- és nyersanyag-befektetésbe fog kerülni; ezért ennek úgy kell működnie, hogy mire ezt eléred, a szerveren tudják az emberek hogy ki vagy. – Steven Sharif
- A játékosok bármelyik mesterség kezdő szintjét kipróbálhatják, mire eldöntik hogy melyik ág mesterévé akarnak válni.
- Egy konkrét ág kiválasztása lehetővé teszi, hogy a játékos azon a területen specializálódjon. Emiatt a játékosok egymásra vannak ítélve, a szakma rendszert érdekessé téve.
- Lehetséges több (de nem mindegyik) mesterség mesterévé válni egy ágon belül, viszont hosszú és kemény munkát, és sok nyersanyagot igényel.
- A mesterré válás nem csak tárgyak készítéséről szól. Több java van, mint például titulusok, hozzáférés tárgyakhoz, leárazok, és küldetések. 
- A választott mesterségek nem befolyásolják a karakter attribútumait.
- Egy fiókon belül a különböző karaktereknek (Altok) lehet különféle mestersége.
- A fejlődés a szakmákon belül nem befolyásolja az szintfejlődést.
A játékosoknak lesz lehetőségük kipróbálgatni az összes mesterséget, kezdő szinten, ami egy alapvető felfogást biztosít arról hogy milyen a szóban forgó mesterség, majd eztán könnyű eldönteni hogy melyiknek akarsz a mesterévé válni. – Steven Sharif
Amikor azt mondjuk nem lehetsz mindegyik mestere, az nem azt jelenti hogy a három közül a saját szakmai ágadon belül nem lehetsz mester, ami a barkácsoló, gyűjtögető vagy feldolgozó. Annak az egynek a mestere leszel, a másik kettőnek pedig nem. – Steven Sharif
Artisan supply chain
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the Feldolgozás profession.
- Ravaszkodó the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Legendary equipment will have a roughly 6-12% improvement in base stats, subject to testing and balancing.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
In Alpha One the core basics of what crafting represents as a gameplay loop that is represented. So that means that there are gatherables out there. You will have to have tools in order to service those gatherables. There will be processing that's necessary; and then there's crafting stations that are available and can be constructed by the players. This is in Alpha One. You have to collect the recipes, you have to collect the materials, and you have to refine the materials; and then you have to create the reagents and then use those to kind of create the final crafting component of that you're trying to create. So that in and of itself is present, but it is a very very small piece of really what will be the larger crafting puzzle for Alpha 2 and betas. – Steven Sharif
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system will be online in Alpha-1. The core basics of the artisan gameplay loop will be facilitated via the merchant (NPC) system.
Crafting honestly will not come online in any sense of its true form until Alpha-2. Alpha-1 has essentially what are intended to be the core gameplay loop of crafting, meaning the collection of materials, the translation of those materials into processed goods, and the use of those processed goods into item acquisition. That's the core gameplay loop that is currently present in Alpha-1. But those are mostly facilitated kind of piggy backing the merchant systems right now and not actually using the real crafting system; and that's because crafting hasn't been completed in a form that can be implemented in Alpha-1, but will be for Alpha-2. What's present in Alpha-1 doesn't even really scratch the surface for crafting. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (44:29).
- Livestream, 2020-08-28 (2:05:21).
- Livestream, 2020-07-31 (1:31:11).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (37:25).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (48:31).
- Livestream, 2017-09-03 (10:48).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (1:00:07).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (54:33).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- Livestream, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- Livestream, 2017-06-01 (24:30).
- Livestream, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- Livestream, 2020-05-29 (39:47).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- Livestream, 2018-08-17 (15:14).
- Livestream, 2020-01-30 (1:38:26).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (6:38).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (1:06:50).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:31:39).
- Video, 2017-04-30 (10:07).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (20:41).
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (37:26).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (5:25).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (8:22).
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (38:15).
- Livestream, 2018-06-04 (35:11).
- Livestream, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (18:47).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (5:25).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (6:12).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (1:02:06).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- Livestream, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Livestream, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- Livestream, 2021-04-30 (41:18).