My stance on participation trophies is that things should be hard, people should fail, the bitter taste of defeat is what makes success that much more rewarding. Helping other players learn encounter strategy, and fine tuning their play style for high end content is an important part of eliminating participation trophy. Growing together is a good thing, and that include failing together as a means to drive for success together. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Dungeons
- 2 Razziák
- 3 Világ főnökök
- 4 PvE
- 5 Játékmenet videók
- 6 Artwork
- 7 Továbbiak
- 8 Hivatkozások
- Nyílt világ dungeons will be populated to facilitate multiple groups within the dungeon.
- Instanced dungeons will also be present and will cater for solo and group questlines.
There are going to be smaller, simpler, linear dungeons. There's going to be bigger, more complex, nonlinear dungeons. So, It's a little bit of both. We want the environment to be a character. In order for the environment to be a character, these places need to be interesting and there needs to be a dynamicism to them. – Jeffrey Bard
Dungeon difficulty will increase the further a player ventures into the dungeon.
- Mobs and mob mechanics will become more difficult.
- Terrain and environmental dangers will increase.
List of dungeon bosses
List of notable dungeons
We want things to be more fluid and one of the ways that we make them more fluid is through our triggered event system. That is one of the methods by which we make these more spontaneous. We make them more accessible to a wider audience. You can be just in the city and not normally be a part of a raid team, but now get to participate in this organic event that's kind of popped up around the city and if you are not participating then buildings are gonna get destroyed and NPCs are going to die... It's not just how fast can we do it, how will we get it done in its schedule, but oh my god this thing popped up if we don't kill it we're not going to access to our stables this week and we can't get our animal husbandry certificates... It's that risk versus reward that gives you a sense of adrenaline. – Steven Sharif
List of raid bosses
Raids will also have dynamic elements that can change from session to session.
- The types and numbers of bosses and mobs present in the raid and their skill repertoire.
- Variables are manifested based on node progression.
One of the design elements that we're implementing into our raids is that the raid will not be exactly the same every single time. You're going to have variables that can't necessarily be pre-planned out for. You can pre-plan out for a lot of the raid like how many DPS do you need and healers and support; where the key position and all that kind of stuff; but I think the compelling aspect of Ashes raiding will be the difficulty in achieving this content and having that content change from session to session as well. We want there to be variables that get manifested by you know what type of node got developed elsewhere. Is he going to have acolytes or cultists? What will the acolytes have skills [available] to them? What kit is the boss gonna have? What available skill repertoire will the boss be able to [wield]? ... A lot of those systems are influenced obviously by world development. So the raid kind of takes into account at what stage has the world developed: Are there two metropolises now available in the world? Okay well let's activate this skill in this skill. Now you have five metropolises, well now all these skills have been activated. Are there are they all economic nodes? Are they all military nodes? That we can change things based on that stuff. And it really is a threat assessment from the environment against the players. – Steven Sharif
Sometimes the disturbed beings could take the form of packs of dire wolves, hordes of zombies roused from their graveyard, or even, rarely, an epic-tier dragon flying out of a volcano once a node reaches its maximum level. In any case, the disturbed monsters have to tackle a series of destructive objectives, which can either be handled by the the AI or, more interestingly, by a player. The player in turn would attempt to complete all those actions much as in a multi-objective quest, hopefully before other players brought him or her down.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- The Ancients are not going to be part of the monster coin system.
- Monster coins only allow a character to participate in events on their own server.
Traditionally, the Ancients are not going to be part of the Monster Coin system. These are the primary antagonists of the story. From a lore perspective, and one of the reasons why they're not a part of the Monster Coin system, is because their souls have really developed almost to the point of perfection in manipulating the Essence for more corrupt uses. They haven't quite gotten there, and who knows if they ever will, but that kind of attunes them out of the possibility: The reason why the monster coin system is possible with other creatures. – Steven Sharif
- These are sources of NPC events that players need to address before they grow out of hand.
- There are events that lead to the spreading of corruption that players will have to fight back against. When these events that occur players will need to participate to keep the intrusion on the material plane back.
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where The Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
- Corrupted areas do not confer corruption onto a player.
There are certain things that can happen, such as the spawning of dragons or hordes of zombies that are going to come out and attack those installations, those nodes, those points of interest; and... communities that don't respond to those in an effective way might see the disabling of certain services, the reduction of certain quest lines for particular organizations. The idea is to keep this as part of a believable living response from world, so those can get pretty significant the bad effects that can happen for the community. – Steven Sharif
There is going to be a lot of PvE content for all portions of the playerbase... Part of that risk versus reward: Your risk is your time you're putting in to having a chance at getting the reward and successfully completing; and that should feel good based on how much time you devote. Now I know that there's a spectrum of casual and hard-core players in the time there, what we can do, but that's why we have many different content paths that play towards how you affect the world around you. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 PvE content
- There are over 200 quests in Alpha-1.
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system will be online in Alpha-1.
- There are approximately 49 unique gear sets obtainable in Alpha-1.
- There is no instancing in Alpha-1.
- Approximately 6 or 7 dungeons with one almost raid-level difficulty.
- Two world bosses requiring party-sized groups.
- One true 40 person raid boss.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges occur in a zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
There's over 200 quests in the game right now. There's a bunch of dungeons. We've retooled all of the boss fights. Those dragons that you see in the siege are also in the world- part of the open-world too. There will be a slightly different- there are some extra mechanics in the siege versions versus the ones that are in the world, but there's plenty of cool things to get on both of them, so make sure you check them out and hunt them down. – Jeffrey Bard
- Jobb teljesítmény egy Raid Boss első fázisaiban, nehezebbé teszi a későbbi fázisait.
- Minél nehezebb, annál jobb a loot (zsákmány).
- A Boss-ok és a mob-ok nehézségét közvetlenül nem befolyásolja a csoport mérete.
- Additional buildings will spawn.
- Additional mobs will spawn.
- Content difficulty will change.
- Dungeons will be unlocked when certain nodes advance to certain stages.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
Player driven narrative
The world of Verra will be the same on each server, but Node-ok will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
We want as many people as possible to experience the main server Narrative. These will branch at different scales, but largely at the personal level. Where things change is at the Node level – different parts of the story will be unlocked based on where and when Nodes grow. Unlocking a part of the story in a certain way locks out progression of the story in a different way. You’ll see different antagonists, different NPCs, and different calls to action depending on what’s happening with the server at that time.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Utilizing new AI technology that hasn't been seen in other MMORPG projects.
- Bosses are scripted and make decisions dynamically during boss fights.
- NPCs performing "idle actions" to make the world seem more alive has been discussed by the developers but is not confirmed.
- Certain AI behaviors might activate based on progress within an encounter.
There are some additional AI parameters that are set that don't relate necessarily to controlling NPCs. There are AIs with regards to the development of the borders for nodes in the direction and also the decisions that are made of which lower nodes to enslave as vassal states. There's AI that relates to a little bit of the stock market that's going to be present in the economy. There's some AI systems that are going to be announced also that are pretty innovative I think with regards to the MMORPG genre and that's going to make the triggered event system very interesting I think; and that's you know with regards to how nodes kind of develop and the environment reacts to that development by you know spawning these triggered events of you know a horde of zombies attacking a city or a legendary raid boss coming out of the mountain. I think there's a lot of opportunity for some of the innovations that's been in the AI sector of game development too to come out in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
- 2021-04-30 Video - 4K - Alpha One Raid Boss - April Update
- 2020-12-22 Video - 4K Alpha-1 Preview - Level 10 Boss Fight Footage
- 2018-02-09 Livestream
2021-05-01 2021-01-30 2020-12-23 2020-11-09 2020-05-28 2020-03-28 2018-08-10 2018-02-28 2018-01-19
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (33:09).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - No participation trophy.
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (16:34).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (4:42).
- Livestream, 2017-06-01 (39:21).
- Livestream, 2017-05-22 (20:59).
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (43:21).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:48:36).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (1:32:06).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (39:08).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (1:40:18).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (1:17:42).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (27:14).
- Podcast, 2018-07-09 (22:24).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (17:20).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:09:37).
- Video, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (22:19).
- Livestream, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- Livestream, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (47:12).
- Livestream, 2021-06-25 (1:36:05).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (51:22).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (22:53).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (50:03).
- Livestream, 2021-06-25 (1:13:30).
- Livestream, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Livestream, 2021-06-25 (1:32:24).
- Video, 2018-04-04 (0:01).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Ashes of Creation FAQ.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:14:01).
- Livestream, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (49:40).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Video, 2021-04-30 (13:02).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (14:51).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (17:12).
- Livestream, 2021-03-26 (50:33).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Livestream, 2017-05-22 (28:02).
- Livestream, 2021-06-25 (21:24).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (11:55).
- Livestream, 2017-07-28 (43:57).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (3:56).
- Interview, 2021-06-13 (22:20).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (24:23).