- A kinézeti inventory-helyek ki- bekapcsolhatóak lesznek a játékos által.
- A felszerelés kinézete valósághűségre törekszik.
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- There are rules when applying cosmetics to specific items, unlike costumes, which don't have level restrictions.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off on their character by the player.
- A "default player appearance" may be automatically applied during sieges or other large scale battles to improve client-side performance.
- Cosmetics, whether purchased from the shop or earned in game, are an important component of MMORPGS I personally enjoy; and there's a lot of collectors out there who spend a great deal of time either in-game achieving these things or spend money purchasing them from the cosmetic only marketplace; and we don't want to demean or reduce that achievement or that expenditure. So it's going to be situational where the default appearance will be applied and can be activated. – Steven Sharif
Racial weapons and armor
- The customization of equipment per race is really focused on Armor sets not Weapon props. Weapon props will, from a model standpoint, will translate pretty one-to-one across the races. – Steven Sharif
- Racial appearance of gear is focused on Páncél. Fegyverek will not change in appearance but will scale in size based on race.
- Let's say for example you have the Eagle set or something, right: The Eagle set has in art, it has a thematic design that's going to include certain attachments to the armor. It's going to include color palette and theme. It's going to have some aspects to it that define it as the Eagle set, right. When a Elf wears the Eagle set or when an Orc wears the Eagle set, you obviously have two different cultures there; and you don't want to stomp out that culture by assigning a de facto 'This is the Eagle set and this is how it looks on everybody.' What we want to have is cultural influences play a role in showing how that set looks. – Steven Sharif
- When you say, what if I'm an Orc but want to look like an Elf and I want my Eagle set to be the Elf representation? Well the issue becomes there that Orcs have a different organic model. You know, their body is different than that of the Elf. So, from a scope-creep standpoint, it's one thing to add different influences that represent the cultures that are donning the armor; it's another thing to adapt each influence as a matrix that can be worn pretty much by everything. From a scope perspective, that's a very difficult task for the character artists to tackle. So instead what we've done is, in order to facilitate a variety of cultural representation between the races but allow for the sharing of assets like different armor sets, we give different representations of those armor sets to each race. – Steven Sharif
- Completed items can be accessed by players in warehouses at any node regardless of citizenship or housing ownership.
- Crafted gear is considered best-in-slot in Ashes of Creation.
- Crafted gear in the game is the best gear... One thing that I'm not a fan of is that you develop a crafting system in a game and you've spent a lot of time making this from a material and resource perspective. All the tables that you can receive, all the connectivity in the economy and how crafting is associated with the game; and then you undermine the crafting entirely by presenting a separate route of gear acquisition that is on-par with the crafting efforts. So here you have these people who are acquiring all of the resources getting, all the recipes, leveling up their professions and then everything they make is less or equal to anything you could just have chosen the easier path of and gone down the questing and received the best gear. So what we do focus on is that crafters make the best shit. Excuse me, the best things. – Steven Sharif
- The rarity of crafted items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
- That plays into our crafting system in and of itself. The idea is for those stats to be variables that can be dictated based on the mastery level of the particular crafter; and the higher they become a master of those professions, whether it be for armor or for weapons or for accessories, they're going to have some agency and put their mark on essentially what items they're introducing into the economy. – Steven Sharif
- Crafters are able to influence what their crafted items will look like.
- We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Owning cosmetics does not guarantee the acquisition of the item the cosmetic can be used on. Players must still achieve the corresponding item/building. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable (obviously “best” is subjective, so I’d say the most ornate and detailed/unique). – Steven Sharif
A kinézeti boltban vásárolhat a játékos kinézeti tárgyakat az Ashes of Creation-ben való használathoz. A boltban lesznek korlátolt ideig elérhető, korlátolt számú tárgyak a játék fejlesztésének fenntartása érdekében.
- Hasznosítható tárgyakat (mind minőségi, mind mennyiségi értelemben) játékmenet során megszerezhetőek.
- A kizeti bolt választékából semmi nem lesz pay to win.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- A kinézetek olyan tárgyak amik nem adnak semmiféle előnyt.
- Kinézeteket csak olyan tárgyakra lehet felszerelni, amik már meglettek a játékon belül szerezve, például barkácsolva.
- A boltban megjelenő lény-kinézetek különböző változatai esetlegesen megtalálhatóak lesznek a vadonban.
- A fűszerszöveg tárgyak és lények hátterével és történetével foglalkozik, Verra világában.
- Jelmezek nem tartalmazzák az ábrázolt fegyvereket.
We plan to include a shop for micro transactions. The shop will only include cosmetic items. Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Az Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale teszt módban fellelhető minden grafikai elemet az Intrepid Studios készítette.
Egy kicsit feszegethetjük a határokat a grafikai kinézet terén, főleg mivel Unreal Engine 4-et használunk... A vágyam az volt hogy ne lássak nagyon rajzfilmszerű játékokat. Nem rajongok az erősen stilizált művészetért. – Steven Sharif
- 3 Back slots.
- 3 Belt slots.
- 8 Páncél slots.
- 5 Jewelry slots.
- 1 Undergarment slot is used to equip artisan gear.
- There may be a specific slot for musical instruments, but this has not been finalized yet.
- Previously it was stated there were 16 gear slots.
Items on back and belt
- Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show in their Back and Belt slots. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
- There'll be a priority system behind that that'll determine... do I show the Bow if the Greatsword is unequipped or do I show the Polearm if the Greatsword is unequipped. – Jeffrey Bard
- Some ranged or melee abilities require a specific weapon to be equipped. Weapons that are equipped in the character's ranged or offhand slots will automatically swap in and out as required by the skill.
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- There will be a setting to determine if the ranged weapon or main/offhand is the primary weapon to use for Q or left-mouse-button basic attacks.
- Rangers do not have a minimum distance requirement for using their ranged weapons. Previously rangers were intended to have a minimum distance requirement.
- Dual weapons are treated as single items that when equipped will occupy both main and off-hand gear slots.
- There is a limited selection of weapons that can be dual wielded.
- Shields cannot be dual wielded.
- Great swords probably can't be dual wielded.
- Q: How will animations work while dual wielding weapons of A) a different type, for example an axe and a dagger; or B) different weapon speeds?
- A: Dual weapons will have their own animation sets; and... there will be a limited selection of which weapons can be dual weapons. Players will make that selection. They'll create those dual weapons as as bespoke single items that when equipped will occupy both the main and offhand; and then how we handle the attack speeds is we offer animations at a particular speed and then we adjust that with a modifier based on whatever is influencing that: either increase or slow down in speed. – Steven Sharif
- It is possible to store and swap gear loadouts with a single hotkey button press when out of combat.
- There will be a loadout system that you can use in your inventory to help manage those different types of set that you can customize. So you can do a simple hotkey press and be able to swap your armors, out of combat of course, with a single button click. – Steven Sharif
- Weapon swapping is possible while in combat but armor cannot be swapped while in combat.
- You may not swap armor when you're in combat, but you may swap your weapons; and there's obviously a few reasons of why this can be important: We're a itemization agnostic class design, so players equip with items that there are most necessary based on the adversary or the challenge that they're facing; and so we want that to be available for players to swap with weapons. – Steven Sharif
Gear inspection/ Threat assessment
- This will indicate the type of armor (cloth, leather, plate) that they are predominantly wearing.
- You can target a player. You're going to see what type of armor they have based on a buff they have available to them because obviously cosmetics can change appearance. You might have different silhouettes as a result of that. – Steven Sharif
- The border will indicate the level and quality of the tier set.
- The developers believe that inspecting gear to obtain an exact equipment list or gear score may lead to "unwelcome behavior".
- When you see a player approaching you and they're wearing a transmog you don't know if that person is a high damage mitigation against physical damage or against magical damage and essentially the way we overcome that is through you being able to target a player at a distance and they will have a buff that's present on them that you will see, which indicates that essentially the piece set that they are wearing. It is important for players to be able to ascertain from a threat assessment standpoint what they're going up against if they're actively checking that, and that will be available. – Steven Sharif
- Player character nameplates will have first, and optionally last name (surname).
- The name of the character's guild is displayed next to their name.
- The character's nameplate will deteriorate to give an indication of how much damage they have taken.
- An icon will identify the character's class.
- Hovering over a player nameplate will show information such as level, class name, and archetype combo.
- A buff icon will indicate the character's gear and grade.
- The size and priority of nameplates will be relate to their distance (away from the camera).
- The visibility of nameplates can be obscured by in-game objects, such as trees; by utility skills, such as Camouflage or Stealth; or through the use of disguises.
- UI settings will enable nameplates to be hidden, resized, and customized.
- Summoner summons' creature type appears in the nameplate above the summon. This cannot be changed by the player.
- Mob nameplates will have indicators that identify resistances, buffs, end elite status.
- A star format may be utilized to indicate hit point allocation.
- A padlock icon indicates that the secondary archetype is not yet unlocked.
- Q: How often will armor be part of an entire armor set with other cosmetically matching pieces versus unique armor pieces that don't match or go along with anything else in the game?
- A: There is a balance of both set pieces and non-set pieces and usually you're going to see at higher grades within a tier are going to be more predominantly set driven; and the lower interstitial power levels of the gear for that tier are the potentially bespoke pieces; and obviously those pieces are catered around a number of different interactions, such as ones you get from quests, ones that you get from drops, ones that you can craft, ones that you get from legendary bosses, ones that you get from guild-oriented tasks, or in-game favor and unique currencies. So there's different types of acquisition models and each of them has a spattering of either bespoke pieces or set-oriented pieces; and there are even varying levels of set pieces as well. So you might have a full eight piece set, or a three-piece set, or a five piece set, depending on where it lives within the tier. – Steven Sharif
- Players gain bonuses depending on the number and tier of pieces they have equipped.
- An overarching set effect is granted to wearers of exclusively one "type" of armor, for example: all cloth, or all plate.
- There may be set bonuses that members of certain communities will obtain based on gear set type.
- Set bonuses will not provide new abilities, but certain higher-end weapons and armor will have active abilities, but the intention is that these abilities will not radically redefine the way an archetype is played.
- It will be possible to store and swap gear loadouts with a single button press when out of combat.
- Approximately 49 unique gear sets were obtainable in Alpha-1 from crafting, quests, drops and exploration. These were unique sets with different stats, but some may be similar in appearance.
- Certain set bonuses may trade off core gear stats.
- There are passive abilities that can be chosen to become more adept with certain set types.
- There will be viable non-set builds.
Item creation suite
- Racial skins transform the race of the character to that skin. The original racial appearance of the character is entirely replaced.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There are plans to create other racial skins.
- Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.
- They do not include any weapons pictured.
- Costumes are one piece outfits that cover all gear slots regardless of armor type.
- Costumes don't have a level restriction or require an in-game item to be obtained first.
- Costumes are not gender or race locked, but can adapt based on a character's gender and race.
- All hoods and head slot items, whether part of a complete costume or individual gear, will have the option to be shown or hidden on the character by the player.
Kickstarter weapon skins
- Usable on all types of weapons.
- Include subtle and tasteful glow/particle effects.
Backer only armor skin
2023-10-03 2023-07-31 2023-07-03 2023-06-03 2023-03-28 2023-03-16 2023-01-30 2022-10-02 2022-07-06 2022-06-30 2022-06-29 2022-05-16 2022-04-07 2022-01-30 2021-03-29 2020-12-31 2019-06-30 2019-06-30 2019-06-29
- Élő adás, 2023-09-29 (1:02:56).
- Twitter - The Dünir are suited up for battle with these in-game unlockable tier five armor pieces!
- Interjú, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Élő adás, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Élő adás, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Élő adás, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Élő adás, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- Élő adás, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Élő adás, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Élő adás, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Élő adás, 2023-05-31 (58:37).
- Élő adás, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Video, 2020-09-30 (2:44).
- Élő adás, 2020-09-30 (47:47).
- Élő adás, 2019-07-26 (54:06).
- Élő adás, 2022-03-31 (4:57).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-26 (20:46).
- Élő adás, 2022-10-28 (1:41:06).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (55:17).
- Élő adás, 2023-04-07 (31:49).
- Élő adás, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- Élő adás, 2020-01-30 (1:38:26).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- Interjú, 2023-09-10 (47:13).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Élő adás, 2017-05-10 (14:45).
- Élő adás, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- Élő adás, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Gear appearance.
- Élő adás, 2020-11-30 (56:02).
- Rime and Regal.
<ref>címke, „https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-12-06-rime-and-regal” nevű forráshivatkozás többször van definiálva eltérő tartalommal Forráshivatkozás-hiba: Érvénytelen
<ref>címke, „https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-12-06-rime-and-regal” nevű forráshivatkozás többször van definiálva eltérő tartalommal
- Élő adás, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Élő adás, 2023-06-30 (1:15:34).
- Élő adás, 2020-08-28 (2:14:06).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Élő adás, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Élő adás, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- Élő adás, 2019-06-28 (1:25:55).
- Interjú, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Interjú, 2018-10-20 (2:17:43).
- Interjú, 2018-10-20 (2:28:08).
- Interjú, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- Élő adás, 2023-02-24 (46:15).
- Élő adás, 2023-04-28 (1:08:55).
- Élő adás, 2022-09-30 (49:16).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (40:50).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (47:57).
- Interjú, 2018-05-11 (16:32).
- Élő adás, 2023-05-31 (48:11).
- Élő adás, 2017-07-28 (24:54).
- Élő adás, 2018-02-09 (7:31).
- Élő adás, 2017-07-28 (31:30).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Élő adás, 2022-06-30 (1:17:34).
- Élő adás, 2023-09-29 (1:08:25).
- Élő adás, 2018-06-04 (19:48).
- Élő adás, 2022-01-28 (39:30).
- Élő adás, 2017-06-30 (47:14).
- Élő adás, 2022-12-02 (1:12:19).
- Video, 2023-07-28 (23:28).
- Élő adás, 2020-01-30 (35:12).
- Élő adás, 2022-09-30 (1:13:23).
- Élő adás, 2017-06-16 (40:06).
- Élő adás, 2023-05-31 (1:12:58).
- Élő adás, 2017-07-28 (33:36).
- Élő adás, 2023-04-28 (39:06).
- Élő adás, 2021-11-19 (40:53).
- Élő adás, 2023-04-28 (51:16).
- Élő adás, 2022-09-30 (51:09).
- Élő adás, 2017-07-28 (34:32).
- Interjú, 2020-07-18 (1:03:45).
- Élő adás, 2019-05-30 (1:15:58).
- Twitter - Better luck next time.
- Élő adás, 2020-08-28 (2:07:26).
- Élő adás, 2020-07-25 (53:08).
- Élő adás, 2020-06-26 (1:28:10).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (52:58).
- Élő adás, 2017-07-28 (1:34:55).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Élő adás, 2017-07-28 (23:20).
- Video, 2023-03-31 (10:09).
- Élő adás, 2023-03-31 (56:44).
- Video, 2023-05-31 (11:13).
- Interjú, 2018-05-11 (2:45).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-22 (51:00).
- Élő adás, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- Élő adás, 2020-01-30 (1:40:48).
- Élő adás, 2023-01-27 (1:08:45).
- Élő adás, 2022-10-14 (48:45).
- Élő adás, 2022-09-30 (1:23:28).
- Élő adás, 2022-12-02 (1:03:28).
- Élő adás, 2021-01-29 (1:21:01).
- Élő adás, 2023-01-27 (1:09:36).
- Élő adás, 2023-06-30 (1:30:40).
- Video, 2023-01-27 (45:46).
- Élő adás, 2020-11-30 (54:29).
- Élő adás, 2023-07-28 (1:22:48).
- Interjú, 2020-07-18 (1:02:08).
- Élő adás, 2023-09-29 (1:15:47).
- Élő adás, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Élő adás, 2017-11-17 (56:07).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-24 (24:20).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-12 (1:04:04).
- Élő adás, 2020-05-29 (1:42:43).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- Élő adás, 2018-04-8 (AM) (4:47).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.
- What is included with my Pre-Order package?
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- Élő adás, 2020-06-26 (1:42:55).
- May The 4th, Be With You... And also some skins.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.