- Aquatic mounts.
- Coastal nodes.
- Island chains.
- Naval caravans.
- Naval NPCs.
- Naval PvP.
- Trade routes.
- Underwater dungeons.
- 1 Naval schedule
- 2 Naval NPCs
- 3 Mariner classes
- 4 Hajók
- 5 Haditengerészeti harc
- 6 Coastal/island nodes
- 7 Fishing boats
- 8 Winds
- 9 Tides
- 10 Underwater nodes
- 11 Underwater dungeons
- 12 Artwork
- 13 Community guides
- 14 Továbbiak
- 15 Hivatkozások
- Naval warfare.
- Naval raid bosses.
- Three ship classes will be present in Alpha-2.
- Sailing NPCs.
- Frigates or galleon ships.
- Raid bosses.
- Quest givers.
- General sea-based NPCs.
There's an NPC structure that exists out in the oceans. These take the form of sailing NPCs, fortresses, whether that be large frigate or galleon based ships, and they take the form of raid bosses. They take the form of general sea-based NPCs. There's treasures that you can find on land and explore out at sea, as obviously one of the missions is why you would be going out to sea. There's escort missions that you can participate in... Some of those are straightforward and interact but with an NPC to receive a quest for; and some of those have to be discovered at sea. So these are all things that are make that type of area in an MMO exciting. You don't just want to have water for water's sake. You want to have water because it's a different experience from a content perspective than what's on land; and in order to be a different experience you have to have that content. – Steven Sharif
- Hajó javítás.
- Hajó alkotóelemek.
- Védelmi készségek.
- Hasznosság alapú készségek.
You can spec into and kind of create your own class based on what things you're doing on the boat... It's gonna be very similar to in structure to like the artisanship trees, so you'll you'll have your mariner class: You'll have different trees in that class. – Jeffrey Bard
- Ship creation is generally delegated to players. There won't be many non-player-owned ships.
- For the most part all ship creation will be delegated to the player. You have to build up a ship or find somebody who has one if you want to get across the seas. – Steven Sharif
- Permissions will be present to allow other players to access ship functions who are in the same party or raid, such as weapons, anchors, utility items, and the ship's helm to navigate the ship.
- Players will have quests that navigate them toward creating a personal vessel at around level 10-15.
|Small||Personal vessels.||Solo/personal content.||1-3|
|Medium||Frigates.||Group content.||Group size (8)|
|Large||Galleons.||Raid content.||Raid size (40)|
- All ship classes minimally require a captain to drive the ship.
- Certain ship classes will have the ability to render Crowd control (CC) effects on other ships, such as a harpoon effects.
- Ships have their own class of vessel and the class that is related to the vessel has a certain purpose both in battle, in PvE raids, in transportation. – Steven Sharif
- Unlike merchant ships, naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and ocean.
- Naval caravans come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
- Ships (excluding Naval caravans) can only be summoned from a port or harbor.
- Ships may be able to be summoned in rivers (or other bodies of water) depending on the depth of the water.
- Naval caravans are initiated when a land-based caravan intersects with an ocean.
- You can summon your ships up but you'll need to summon them from land, which means that if something happens to your armada out at sea you won't have backups to just summon immediately in the middle of the fight... They'll have to do so from shore somewhere from some port or harbor. – Steven Sharif
- Various professions can craft ship components. These components can be sold to other players.
- Ships are built in adherence to a recipe. That recipe requires components. Those components adhere to different crafting professions that require a player to intersect and/or craft or purchase those components from the different professions and then once they have those accumulated they can do the construction process through the recipe system at a harbor.
- Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor crafting stations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
- Players can choose which "joints" get populated with either offensive weaponry, defensive, or utility attachments they want on their ship prior to construction completion. The types of attachments that are available are dictated by the ship's class. – Steven Sharif
- There are absolutely attachments that can apply to the ship and some of those are decorative in nature. There are also slots that have utility aspects to them as well but are also decorative. – Steven Sharif
- Ships will likely not have closed spaces or internal compartments such as Captain's quarters.
- We are trying to stay away from internal compartments within the ships because that presents a whole different type of user interface and flow that can be a bit cumbersome and problematic, especially in combat and in closed spaces. So we're trying to stay away from that under deck aspect and keep things all on deck for better readability on the player side. – Steven Sharif
Haditengerészeti harc involves different types of Hajók with varying capabilities, armaments and roles to play out on the high seas. There will be a balance and counterbalance between ships from Pvp and PvE perspectives.
- Naval PvP is between ships.
- Haditengerészeti PvE includes open sea raids and sea-based bosses.
- Certain ship classes and components may support ramming of other vessels or raid bosses.
- Coastal points of interest, such as harbors, offer objective-based naval gameplay during node sieges.
- There is a castle located on an island that is only able to be affected by naval combat.
- Battles at sea will be epic. They will have some supreme rewards and/or losses if the battle succeeds or fails. – Steven Sharif
- Naval combat allows ships to be hijacked, destroyed and looted, but it doesn't allow the attackers to permanently keep the ships.
- Q: Will there be a way to produce enough experience for a node for those who want to spend the majority of their time on the open seas?
- A: The open seas have have a good amount of content; and that content when completed will give its contribution to a nearby node; and that is something that people who live on the sea, or desire to live on the sea, will be able to um contribute in a way. – Steven Sharif
- Another important change that has occurred is the open seas is now an automatic flagged location. So when you move off of land we have a flagging system that protects and the open seas are international waters where you need to be careful; and there is a lot of opportunity at Sea; and because there's a lot of opportunity that's unique to that content- that's unique to that sea: that's treasure finding; that's NPCs; that's a lot of different stuff there needs to be risk associated with opportunity. – Steven Sharif
- When the ships move into an open sea (open waters/deep ocean) area. This will automatically flag players as Combatants (purple).
- We have a very intuitive UI that that as you approach the border between open sea and coastal area you are notified of that. You are warned ahead of time. There's a countdown when approaching. We interpolate the distance travel and speed you're moving and you get to see "I'm entering open waters"; and when you do you have this big trophy call out on screen that says "You have entered the open sea. Territory fraught." – Steven Sharif
- The result of events (such as guild wars or node wars) between the parties.
- As the result of open-world PvP, utilizing the flagging and corruption system.
- Naval caravans can not be hijacked. The cargo on a trade ship will be similar to caravans in that the ship must be destroyed in order to capture the loot from its wreckage.
- These nodes will have specific water oriented influences and abilities, services, questlines, that relate to the seas.
- Coastal nodes change the spawn tables of the nearby water content and can also trigger specific events.
- Harbors in coastal nodes will have quest lines that relate to the ocean and nearby islands.
- It may be possible to siege a coastal city by sea.
- Harbors have a disembarkation zone that merchant ships can cross to be guided into the harbor.
- Coastal nodes have hooks to points of interest that take control of harbors.
- Harbors will grant quests that are related to naval content.
- Harbors will provide a number of services including upgrades to ships.
- Harbors offer objective-based naval gameplay during node sieges.
- There will be harbors that boats can go inside of those will be present along the coast. Harbors can pop up as a result of a node being developed nearby, if it's near the coast or if a node itself is on the coast it can have a harbor component to it. There will likely be quests that are granted from this harbor, specifically with regards to the sea and sea content; and what you can do in this harbor will be a lot of different things including upgrades to the boats. – Steven Sharif
- Players will need to take wind direction (and strength) into consideration when navigating the open waters.
- Wind is an important component of the open sea- quote-unquote open seas- so that's all non-coastal areas; and that open sea, based on those the composition of wind and the open sea, will influence the speed directionally that a boat is traveling in, and how that speed gets influenced by the winds. That can be an important strategic component when discussing timing for trade runs, or timing for what your location is in relationship to your target out at the open sea; and it just creates a little bit more fluid and dynamic experience when you're at sea that. Like you're not in this cove and you always know how you're going to interact with the open water; and the speed that you have, so you can predict accurately what your intercept rate or distance will look like. If that is a variable and that variable changes, then you have to adapt your strategies for that variable; and I think that is very healthy and keeps things fresh from a perspective of a cat-and-mouse game that usually occurs between ships in the open waters. – Steven Sharif
- There won't be nodes underwater or in the water.
2022-01-29 2021-05-27 2021-01-30 2017-11-10
- Élő adás, 2020-09-30 (40:52).
- Video, 2017-11-09 (0:01).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Élő adás, 2018-04-8 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Élő adás, 2020-07-25 (1:59:09).
- Élő adás, 2018-07-09 (30:35).
- Élő adás, 2017-08-23 (28:22).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Élő adás, 2022-01-28 (1:09:00).
- Élő adás, 2022-02-25 (1:04:29).
- Élő adás, 2020-09-30 (41:13).
- Élő adás, 2022-03-31 (1:10:43).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (59:29).
- Élő adás, 2018-09-27 (54:02).
- Élő adás, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- Élő adás, 2018-07-09 (36:05).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Tea transport.
- Élő adás, 2018-10-31 (54:21).
- Élő adás, 2021-05-28 (1:52:15).
- Élő adás, 2021-09-24 (1:26:46).
- Élő adás, 2023-01-27 (1:32:00).
- Élő adás, 2021-07-30 (1:14:04).
- Élő adás, 2020-09-30 (40:45).
- Interjú, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- Élő adás, 2017-07-28 (47:53).
- Élő adás, 2019-06-28 (1:12:08).
- Interjú, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- Élő adás, 2022-07-29 (1:10:22).
- Élő adás, 2020-04-30 (56:58).
- Élő adás, 2020-04-30 (58:05).
- Élő adás, 2022-08-26 (1:20:17).
- Élő adás, 2018-04-8 (AM) (15:46).
- Élő adás, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- Élő adás, 2022-04-29 (1:08:27).
- Élő adás, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- Élő adás, 2022-02-25 (1:15:50).
- Élő adás, 2022-10-28 (1:39:25).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-19 (50:45).
- Élő adás, 2021-10-29 (1:15:57).
- Interjú, 2018-08-17 (36:29).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (23:30).
- Élő adás, 2022-09-30 (1:19:27).
- Élő adás, 2022-09-30 (1:19:59).
- Élő adás, 2022-09-30 (1:20:06).
- Élő adás, 2018-10-31 (46:18).
- Élő adás, 2022-07-29 (1:06:15).
- Élő adás, 2022-04-29 (1:03:25).
- Élő adás, 2022-10-14 (58:46).
- Élő adás, 2022-05-27 (1:12:33).
- Élő adás, 2022-12-02 (1:21:51).
- Élő adás, 2021-04-30 (1:06:41).
- Élő adás, 2022-08-26 (1:00:14).
- Élő adás, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- Élő adás, 2022-08-26 (1:03:43).
- Élő adás, 2022-10-28 (1:41:55).
- Élő adás, 2018-04-8 (PM) (1:20:03).
- Élő adás, 2018-08-17 (58:53).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-19 (37:51).
- Élő adás, 2021-03-26 (48:42).
- Élő adás, 2022-08-26 (1:26:58).
- Élő adás, 2021-10-29 (43:44).
- Élő adás, 2021-07-30 (1:11:58).
- Interjú, 2018-10-20 (3:17).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-24 (30:09).
- Twitter - Dynamic weather system.
- Élő adás, 2022-09-30 (1:15:56).
- Élő adás, 2022-06-30 (1:04:30).
- Élő adás, 2019-06-28 (42:55).
- Élő adás, 2019-07-26 (1:02:49).
- Élő adás, 2018-04-8 (AM) (18:29).
- Élő adás, 2017-05-17 (30:53).