- Verra exists in the material plane.
- There are constellations and multiple moons in the night sky of Verra.
- Players start in Verra a few short months after the very first expeditionaries were sent through the divine gateways when they opened from Sanctus.
- Vandagar (Western continent).
- Draakath Bohr.
- Elyrium (Eastern continent).
- The Frostgrave Fells.
- The Verran planet is not flat. You may not see a curvature on the horizon in this, but from a lore perspective the universe in Verra does adhere to some basic physics and laws of physics that we experience in the real world, which means it is not flat. – Steven Sharif
- There will not be world wrapping in Ashes of Creation. – Steven Sharif
- This has increased from the previously stated total size of 480 km2 including land and water/ocean; but excluding an additional ~100 km2 of Altartomány.
- The Underrealm did not increase "too much" in size.
- The reason given for expanding the map size was to better accommodate Haditengerészeti content and to reduce the overall content density in the world.
- The purpose of it becoming bigger is as I said to make sure that density isn't overwhelming: that it isn't everywhere I look there is immediately something. I have no opportunity to see areas of the world that are expansive and are just wanderlust adventure feeling. Everything was sitting on top of you, POIs and nodes and houses and everything. It was like an urban area everywhere. But we wanted to expand that because a large portion of the game is a sandbox element; it's coupled with a lot of curated content but it's that sandbox element. – Steven Sharif
Estimated travel times
|From one end of a Metropolis (színpad 6) node to the other||2.83 minutes||1.67 minutes|
|From the center of a node to the center of its direct neighbor||5 minutes||3.5 minutes|
|From the northernmost to southernmost points of a continent||75 minutes||50 minutes|
We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- Information about the world will be presented directly to players through the world map UI. Previously the Library was used to access information about the world, such as the history of significant narrative events, locations of gatherable resources, dungeons, and POIs.
- In the past we talked about having a library that was capable of facilitating players exchanging information for map data like that, but we've moved a little bit more in a direction of just presenting that information up front to the player, because travel is such a meaningful portion of the game and we don't have fast travel. So, I think that for Alpha-2 what's planned is that we're going to be showcasing the intricate details of services offered at these node locations from just a UI presentation standpoint within the map. – Steven Sharif
Players can use the Library to access information, including (but not limited to) the following:
Long ago, the world of Verra was besieged by a great calamity (also called the Fall, the Apocalypse, and the Exodus), brought about by the primary antagonists of the world: The Ancients and The Others.
- The apocalypse began with comet-like celestial bodies called Harbingers arriving on Verra. The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and started conquering the planet.
- Their desire was to pervert the creation of the gods (the Seven) as an affront to their endeavors; and in doing so they created monstrosities by manipulating nature with corruption, which is the negative aspect of The Essence.
- Some unlucky citizens didn't quite make it through the gateways in time and fell back to the planet to fight for survival. This underpinned the lore behind the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale mode.
Soon after the exodus, the gateways dimmed and became dormant. Centuries turned to millennia, burying them beneath myriad calamities. Over eons, history became legend, then even the great legends were at last forgotten.
- The Goddess of Creation created the planet Sanctus along with the Divine gateways to allow the descendants of Verra to escape their destruction at the hands of the The Others and The Ancients.
- Very little will be revealed about the Sanctus story arc prior to the betas.
A long long long time ago, everybody lived on a planet called Verra. Something cataclysmic happened that forced people from that world to another world called Sanctus. Verra is a place of really high magic. Sanctus is a place with no magic whatsoever. People escaped through these portals into the world of Sanctus. They had to rediscover technology, because so much of their current technology was based on magic, so they had to figure out how to interact with the world. Thousands and thousands of years go by. A long dark age passes. This history that I just told you falls into myth and legend. After this time passes, these portals reopen and the players are going to take the part of people who are coming through those portals once again back to the world of Verra to rediscover that magic, rediscover their history, and try to figure out what happened to this world to force them out of it. – Jeffrey Bard
- Élő adás, 2022-08-26 (50:40).
- Élő adás, 2020-11-08 (0:00:00).
- Video, 2017-09-04 (1:16).
- Video, 2022-12-02 (11:11).
- Élő adás, 2022-02-25 (1:15:50).
- Élő adás, 2022-12-02 (1:16:19).
- Élő adás, 2020-11-30 (44:51).
- Élő adás, 2020-09-30 (55:15).
- Élő adás, 2022-08-26 (46:52).
- Élő adás, 2020-01-30 (1:18:12).
- Interjú, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- Élő adás, 2023-04-07 (22:48).
- Élő adás, 2022-08-26 (57:28).
- Élő adás, 2022-08-26 (53:26).
- Interjú, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Élő adás, 2023-09-29 (1:14:29).
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- Élő adás, 2020-11-08 (9:51).
- Interjú, 2020-07-19 (50:10).
- Ashes of Creation - A world with consequences.
- Interjú, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- Interjú, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- Élő adás, 2018-09-27 (6:22).
- Élő adás, 2018-10-31 (36:59).
- Interjú, 2020-07-20 (15:18).
- Élő adás, 2018-04-08 (23:04).
- Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A