Many adventures begin in a humble tavern. I’m sure many of you have memories from pen and paper adventures that begin in a small town, with a small town tavern and small town problems. Over time, it becomes a headquarters. You go there to rest, to eat, to hear gossip and meet friends. It’s a home away from home and your connection to the world when you’re not on a quest.
- 1 Tavern progression
- 2 Tavern consumables
- 3 Tavern communications
- 4 Tavern music
- 5 Tavern rooms
- 6 Szalon játékok
- 7 Bulletin boards
- 8 Tavern security
- 9 Rested experience
- 10 Bounty hunter maps
- 11 Battle maps
- 12 Artwork
- 13 See also
- 14 Hivatkozások
- Küldetések that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Recipes that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
Player owned businesses
Players will be able to buy food and drink from a Tavern, some of which will be supplied by the tavern owner or other patrons that they get their menu from. These consumables will offer tangible benefits to players that stay within a certain proximity of the tavern itself.
Characters will have a defined region of agency over what is available in the different taverns, whether they be taverns located within the city or taverns located on a freehold; and those could be tied to supply quests that are then done by the players. They could also be regionally determined by availability of resources. – Steven Sharif
If you're a tavern over on the western side you might have different grains, spices and mead there; and over on the other side of the world there might be taverns with completely different things. – Jeffrey Bard
- These games will involve aspects of both chance and skill.
- They must be played between 2 or more people.
- Players will be able to wager in-game currency against other players.
- A portion of the income from the game goes to the tavern owner or node.
- Parlor games will vary based on the predominant race of a node.
- A marketplace UI lists the current items available for sale in the node and in the same economic region.
- Encourage localized grouping.
- Enable posting of jobs.
- Quest sponsorship.
There are plenty of mechanics for you to exercise your dislike of another player especially through PvP and we don't want to hard code in divisive systems, such as either excluding movement of a player character into a certain area, such as your Tavern; or banning somebody through that method. – Steven Sharif
- Rested experience allows players to gain experience at a faster rate for a period of time.
Bounty hunter maps
Players with a high enough corruption score will be visible on the world and mini maps. These players will have markers posted on the map by an NPC from a Military node of at least stage 4 (Town), and will only be granted to players who have the Bounty hunter title. The accuracy of bounty hunter maps is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.
Taverns are one of the locations that bounties will be posted. As players gain corruption, taverns may offer bounties to eliminate those players; or have a specific area cleared of problem players, thus giving a POI (point of interest) on the world map.
Battle maps allow players to strategize, gain bonuses on planned attacks, and see the blueprints of attackable points. Whether attacking a node or castle, players will be able to discern defenses, analyze possible weak points and gain tactical advantages before the battle begins.
- Battle maps might not fit into lower level or smaller sized taverns.
- Battle maps are not currently on the official roadmap for launch.
- Video, 30 May 2017 (1:19).
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- The mighty beard!
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (38:17).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (29:56).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (50:00).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (27:33).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (27:31).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (14:13).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (11:04).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (28:58).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (53:08).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:16).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:37).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (30:34).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (46:10).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:53).
- Interview, 20 January 2017 (06:12).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (48:00).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (33:28).