- Nyílt világ dungeons will be populated to facilitate multiple groups within the dungeon.
- Instanced dungeons will also be present and will cater for solo and group questlines.
There are going to be smaller, simpler, linear dungeons. There's going to be bigger, more complex, nonlinear dungeons. So, It's a little bit of both. We want the environment to be a character. In order for the environment to be a character, these places need to be interesting and there needs to be a dynamicism to them. – Jeffrey Bard
Dungeon difficulty will increase the further a player ventures into the dungeon.
- Mobs and mob mechanics will become more difficult.
- Terrain and environmental dangers will increase.
- 1 List of notable dungeons
- 2 List of dungeon bosses
- 3 Harbingers
- 4 Bosses
- 5 Nyílt világ
- 6 Dungeon scale
- 7 Scaling
- 8 Dungeon locations
- 9 PvE nehézség
- 10 Dungeon content
- 11 Group sizes
- 12 Loot tables
- 13 Underwater dungeons
- 14 Zergs
- 15 Leader boards
- 16 Jumping mechanics
- 17 Announcements/Notifications
- 18 Videók
- 19 Artwork
- 20 Továbbiak
- 21 Hivatkozások
List of notable dungeons
List of dungeon bosses
- The Ancients and The Others used the Harbingers to travel to Verra, thus beginning the Apocalypse.
- The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and began conquering Verra.
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where the Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
The worst thing that the Harbingers brought was not the Others, but the corruption that they spread. It twists and distorts everything it touches. It whispers in the ears of men, and guides their hands toward terrible ends. There does not seem a means to stop it - our prayers do nothing, our spells are ineffectual. The awful truth is that the Others could simply watch as we burned Verra to ash ourselves.
- Nincs töltő képernyő / töltési idő a régiók közötti haladás közben.
- A példányosítás csupán bizonyos Dungeon-öknél fordul majd elő, ahol nagyobb a hangsúly a történet-elbeszélésen. Ezeket, és az arénákat leszámítva nem lesz gyakori a példányosítás.
- Az open world és a példányosított helyszínek elosztása 80%-20% lesz.
- Massive caverns and open world spaces.
- Places to suit larger and smaller commitments.
- Where people with 30 minutes can participate.
- Dungeons are vast and have room for multiple groups.
- Lesz egy mentor program, amivel nagyobb szintű játékosoknak is megéri kisebb szintűekkel party-zni.
There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will you he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- As nodes advance and expand they will influence nearby points-of-interest such as dungeon bosses, regional bosses and Raid bosses.
- The difficulty level and loot tables of these encounters will change based on this influence.
- Jobb teljesítmény egy Raid Boss első fázisaiban, nehezebbé teszi a későbbi fázisait.
- Minél nehezebb, annál jobb a loot (zsákmány).
- A Boss-ok és a mob-ok nehézségét közvetlenül nem befolyásolja a csoport mérete.
- Populations will change.
- Content difficulty will change.
- The content may be different altogether, depending on what is developed and how.
- Different types of antagonists with different story lines.
- Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages.
- Storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will depend on the story arc paths chosen through the node system.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
Raids will also have dynamic elements that can change from session to session.
- The types and numbers of bosses and mobs present in the raid and their skill repertoire.
- Variables are manifested based on node progression.
One of the design elements that we're implementing into our raids is that the raid will not be exactly the same every single time. You're going to have variables that can't necessarily be pre-planned out for. You can pre-plan out for a lot of the raid like how many DPS do you need and healers and support; where the key position and all that kind of stuff; but I think the compelling aspect of Ashes raiding will be the difficulty in achieving this content and having that content change from session to session as well. We want there to be variables that get manifested by you know what type of node got developed elsewhere. Is he going to have acolytes or cultists? What will the acolytes have skills [available] to them? What kit is the boss gonna have? What available skill repertoire will the boss be able to [wield]? ... A lot of those systems are influenced obviously by world development. So the raid kind of takes into account at what stage has the world developed: Are there two metropolises now available in the world? Okay well let's activate this skill in this skill. Now you have five metropolises, well now all these skills have been activated. Are there are they all economic nodes? Are they all military nodes? That we can change things based on that stuff. And it really is a threat assessment from the environment against the players. – Steven Sharif
- The party size is eight (8) players for a single group.
- Razziák will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- Arénák will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Ostromok vár are expected to have at minimum 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield, with the possibility of increasing this to 500x500 over time.
The idea behind an 8-person group is to allow us to really amplify party roles, and to create a need for each of the archetypes in every party.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse group sizes
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale will have party sizes of up to 5.
- Guild mode will have parties of raids of up to 20.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges will have parties of 5 within a raid, with 5 raids for each of the two teams.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode will have a party size of 5 with a total of ten groups, making for 50 players.
- Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter NPCs within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
Encounters are designed to have meaning in terms of how boss skills and abilities relate to group compositions, tactics and strategies. Zerging is not experiencing content. There are different ways to make a fight more difficult for larger sized groups without relying solely on stat buffs or making the boss a "damage sponge".
- Raid and dungeon bosses have specific mechanics and abilities that players need to learn and react to. Zergs that are not aware of these mechanics or react to them appropriately will be wiped.
- There may be environmental hazards and AoE effects that cause more damage based on the number of players present.
- There is a give-and-take for guilds that want to see a larger number of members as opposed to a more focused group that may be a part of an alliance.
We're very cognizant of the fact that we don't want to see zerging be a mechanic that's utilized by guilds to accomplish content or just to steamroll over sieges... There are specific mechanics that we are working on that will be seen through the testing phases that relate to a degree of understanding of certain systems that can't just be overrun with numbers. – Steven Sharif
The best way that I found in games I played previously to take down a zerg is to cause drama from within... It's that conflict inside of the politicking that happens in that big organization. If we provide opportunities for division to occur then it also provides stability to keep a server healthy away from that zerg mentality also... If we approach the castle siege and we've destroyed the walls and we're in the throne room and we're about to cast on the penultimate thing and I at this time am just so excited from what's happening that I'm like "screw it I'm gonna go for it". It's gonna be mine. I'm gonna take the taxes for the next month. I'm gonna take all the gear from the castle. I'm gonna take everything... We kind of want that political intrigue to be present in the game. – Steven Sharif
Objective-based game play helps to balance the zerg mentality.
I always feel that if you balance based on groups that in your balance focus is to incorporate features that play well from a player versus player perspective as well as a player versus environment perspective: Having support classes, having DPS and tanks that can obstruct movement and/or create you know bottlenecks on the field and stuff like that. I think a well-rounded raid it will perform better against a non well-rounded raid, however then you incorporate the second aspect of numbers; and that's where again mobility, organization, leadership tactics. Having objectives in gameplay that make those important helps to balance the zerg mentality that a lot of guilds can tend to have. – Steven Sharif
- Jumping puzzles are present in early Alpha-1 dungeon gameplay footage.
- Jumping were present in the Alpha-0 Dünheim dungeon.
- Ostromok vár.
- Node ostromok.
- Legendary world boss spawns.
- Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
- 2016-12-15 Video - Dungeons First Look - Water Temple
- 2018-02-09 Livestream
- 2018-02-24 Video - Alpha-0 Dünheim Dungeon Lore
2020-05-28 2020-03-28 2018-08-10 2018-02-28 2018-01-19
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (16:34).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (4:42).
- Livestream, 2017-06-01 (39:21).
- Livestream, 2017-05-22 (20:59).
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (43:21).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:48:36).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (1:32:06).
- Dillias diary.
- Livestream, 2020-11-08 (0:00:00).
- Livestream, 2020-11-08 (11:48).
- Livestream, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Week 1, entry 1.
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:58:18).
- Livestream, 2020-11-08 (12:40).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Livestream, 2020-04-30 (1:05:34).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (11:04).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (24:17).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:53:18).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (23:00).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (45:30).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (8:52).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (14:51).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (17:12).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Podcast, 2018-07-09 (22:24).
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (1:20:25).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 2017-05-09 (34:38).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 2017-05-26 (48:12).
- Livestream, 2017-05-08 (28:48).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (18:53).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Livestream, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Livestream, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Livestream, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Livestream, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (23:26).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (25:18).
- Livestream, 2020-11-30 (1:16:09).
- Livestream, 2017-05-22 (57:37).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (44:20).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (11:52).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (58:50).
- Livestream, 2017-05-15 (44:10).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (26:42).
- Livestream, 2017-07-28 (39:49).
- Livestream, 2018-02-09 (10:42).
- Livestream, 2018-05-04 (48:14).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (24:48).
- Livestream, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).